Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back Home from Camping Trip










We're back home again! It feels good to be back home again even though we had a really great time on our trip. We drove Westward through the Snowies and along the length of the Murray River through to Adelaide (via the Barossa) then back home again along the Great Ocean Road with a stop in Melbourne on the way. I thought I would post a few pictures, it was really fun and peaceful to be out camping underneath the stars again. I saw my first koalas in the wild as well as my first emus. We were able to see the stars reflecting on the Murray River at night, walked through the rain forests and tasted wine at the vineyard cellar doors in the Barossa. Most of the way we drove through country that is really suffering from drought, which at least we don't feel so alone anymore after seeing that it is well widespread.

And of course we stopped at some wonderful quilt stores along the way! Sweet husband is quite understanding about this--he usually would head to the bakery while I was busy browsing! We also looked at the Gammill long arm in Melbourne and I am VERY excited... I can't wait! Soon!

8 comments:

Tim Noble said...

Brilliant! I went to the Great Ocean Road around Christmas time. It was unbelievable...having to keep my camping to my own 14 acre wood in Buckinghamshire in the UK...not quite the same!

Kay said...

Great pictures! I was at the Barossa and the Great Ocean Road about 5 years ago. It was late July and very rainy even though there was a drought then too. A beautiful memory for me, and I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

Mama Spark said...

These photos are amazing. You certainly live in a beautiful country!

Cathi said...

Thank you for sharing your photos! It's wonderful to go on a virtual tour of another country like this!

Tim Noble said...

I spent a month in Australia over Christmas and New Year and it was amazing. I liked the great North Road best of all though. It was so raw...and 1,000 miles south over the Great Southern Ocean is Antartica...penguines on the beach...Parrot like birds landing on your shoulders! Wow!

Misty said...

Your photos are so beautiful! It must have been a lovely trip (including the quilt shops). I hope you get your long arm soon--that has to be so exciting.

Floss said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photo from your trip.

Julia said...

Hi, I'm in Perth,
we went over to Melbourne last year and did the Port Philip bay ferry and great Ocean Road, which I think is awsome!. love it...what a view!
Julia

Total Pageviews