Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Little Bit of Mary

Yesterday I started this quilt using Mary Engelbreit's Friends and Flowers fabric. I got the inspiration for the design out of a magazine, but after I got my fat quarter bundle I realized the pattern was not at all fat quarter friendly. So, yesterday morning I spent a bit of time redrafting the pattern and adjusting the size to allow me to use my fat quarters and making the quilt larger too. The only problem is that I have to be Very careful cutting since every quarter inch of fabric counts! Hopefully I'll post again soon and keep you updated. I am happy to be working with this fabric--so bright and cheerful after working with darker fabrics as of late...

3 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

I've been wondering what to do with my ME fat quarters. Great idea.

Kay said...

Pretty. I like that rose colored fabric.

Zegi said...

Very cute fabric! Good idea to redraft the pattern to better suit your fabric cuts.

Total Pageviews