Friday, April 25, 2008

40th Birthday!


I haven't been able to post much lately due to computer issues, but I still continue to quilt! I thought I would post a picture of my sweet husband on his 40th cutting the cake! Can I tell you too that he ate most of this cake in only two days! We didn't do much, but I cooked him his favorite beef bourginon and after we cut the cake we played Canasta with his mum and he won, so he was happy to gloat about that for a while. Actually, we were planning to go away for a camping trip over our birthdays, but farm commitments have delayed that so I hope we will still get to go soon. It's a never ending battle with the drought around here!

Also, I have finished my Climbing Jacob's Ladder quilt minus the borders. I so wish I had about a half yard of that turquoise fabric to use in the border, but I can't find it anywhere. I might be able to make a stash batik work--it will really need a pop of color once I put the wider border on. Still searching for the right fabric...

I am currently working on my scrappy dots again and hope to post another picture soon...

6 comments:

Zegi said...

I think a border of the orange with the darker brown (? hard to tell with my monitor) framing it as well...very lovely and happy birthday to the husband!

Joanna said...

That quilt is stunning - really stunning. Obviously the quilt police ladies were wrong with their lack of contrast comments. That's the first thing I noticed was the wonderful contrast in the quilt. GREAT job.

Anonymous said...

Yummy looking cake AND hubby!
;-)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday hubby!
Your quilt looks fantastic. The colours are really warm looking. Definately a quilt for snuggling under during winter!

Jenni said...

The quilt looks lovely, so does the husband and the cake! I like the Kaffe spots one too in the repro spots - I've just had that Kaffe book out of the library.

Anonymous said...

You sure made that quilt fast. I love the fabrics.

Total Pageviews