Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dandelion Girl Quilt Top

Oh, did I ever have fun playing with these fabrics! This is a photo of the finished quilt top minus the final border. I think I will use one of the soft yellow fabrics once the yardage finally comes out! I feel special to have actually made a quilt out of fabrics that haven't even made it to the quilt stores! I got this fat quarter bundle on ebay a while ago and decided to make this quilt similar to one I had seen in a Kaffe Fassett book. Funny that this is the second quilt using Joanna Figuora fabrics that was inspired by a simple Kaffe Fassett quilt. This one was called "Salad Days", I think. Anyway, I used every scrap of the entire bundle minus two blocks, which always makes me feel good. One of these days soon, I would like to do a scrap clean up quilt or two!!!

So, it's been a little over a week now that I have been feeling much better. I'm still a bit cautious, but here's to hoping that it won't return again! Some people can have it disappear for 20 years or longer, I'm hoping I'm one of those people...

5 comments:

Kay said...

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better, and I hope it continues. You've certainly been productive, too!

Unknown said...

It's wonderful news that you have respite from the pain. This new quilt top is lovely. I'm awed by the amount of quilting you're accomplishing.

G'G'ma said...

Hello. I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better. I just read your blog all the way back to the beginning. You are amazing. Can't imagine how you can accomplish so much, all your quilting beside all the garden and farm work. I live in MI and we are just beginning to see signs of spring. Lois

Idaho Quilter said...

Pretty quilt, and yes I'm glad you are feeling better too, hope it lasts. Maybe the acupunture worked.

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt! glad to hear you are doing well.

Total Pageviews