Friday, June 15, 2007

Peas and Carrots


This isn't the greatest photo, but it gives you an idea of where I am going with this fabric. Right now I am just working on making the cube blocks which consists of three diamonds of light, medium and dark values. There is not a huge contrast there, but I think it does its job for the main part. I received the panels with the fat quarter pack and it has taken me the longest time to figure out how I would incorporate them into the quilt, if indeed I would. At the moment I am thinking that I will order a few more panels to go around the entire border as you can sort of see in this photo. I am not sure, I am still thinking about it. I just like that they depict farm scenes which would work so well around here!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great. I love the farm panels!

Unknown said...

My gosh you didn't waste any time with those fabrics did you? Maybe I should send you my fabrics....lol....It looks wonderful and I just adore your blocks around the edge, really sets off the quilt.

Debra Dixon said...

OH, I like this idea very much! Very clever!

Chookyblue...... said...

you have been very busy.....I got a charm pack of this range and I really liked they.......this looks fantastic.......

Pam said...

Great quilt! Welcome to the Q4P quilt blog ring. Nice to meet a new blogger.

Jenni said...

You didn't muck around! Are you sewing this quilt by machine?

Hedgehog said...

Love your blocks! I've always thought this was an intimidating pattern with all the inset seams - same question as Jenni above about hand or machine?

Jeannette Bruce said...

Definitely by machine. So far no problems with the inset seams, but we will see how it goes when I have to do the long strips!

Samantha said...

This is fabulous! Love the diamonds!

Suzanne Earley said...

your quilt is going to be wonderful!

The Calico Cat said...

Love it, I really like hopw you used the fabrics - stripes all on one side, etc.

The Calico Cat said...

I love the panels around the edge. I whole-heartedly support using novelties as borders!

Libby said...

Looks great! I love the panels; I think it works nicely overall. That is such a fun line, no?

Total Pageviews