I've decided to do the tag that just about everyone has done already, so I don't know who to credit with having tagged me to name seven interesting facts about myself. Here they are:
1. I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail in 96' from Georgia to Maine where I met my husband beside a river in Tennessee who was also thru-hiking northbound. This is also where I acquired my name Heidi which is still what everyone calls me today even though my real name is completely different!
2. I have never been even a minute late to a job in my entire life. None of my employer's ever noticed this about me, except for the last place I worked at in Michigan. So, of course I happened to marry a man who is always late for everything! Hmmm...
3. I have lived over 5 years in Germany and Austria. Three years I studied German at a University in Austria and years later I taught skiing and sailing for the Armed Forces in Germany.
4. About the only food I don't like is watermelon. Well, I guess I am not too crazy about broad beans or brussel sprouts either.
5. I survived being held up at gunpoint in Mexico when I was only 19 and on an language exchange program in college!
6. I once lived camped on a beach in Hawaii for over seven months with an ex-boyfriend and only spent 1,200 dollars the entire time while we lived mainly on fish, fruit and coconuts.
7. I traveled to India and Nepal on my own where I spent most of my time hiking the AnnaPurna Circuit. I did get a chance to try river kayaking and paragliding too, though.
Well, that is that. I guess it makes me sound a bit like a vagabond or something like that, but really I am a happy house mouse that loves quiet farm living! Do you like our sunset view?