Saturday, March 24, 2007

Nell's Flower Shop Star Quilt


Here are a couple of pictures of what I have been working on recently. I had a hard time finding a star pattern to use with my Nell's Flower Shop fabrics, so I gave up looking for one and drew what I wanted instead. I measured out exactly what I wanted and then penciled in a quarter inch seam allowance to get the actual measurements. This was the first time I tried this, so it was a good experience. I finished all the cutting last night and pieced my first block this morning, one down 34 to go. This one is going to be the center block of the quilt, all the other blocks will have a cream background with a black center. I am thinking that I might set these on a point and put sashing around the blocks, but I will see once I get the blocks finished before I decide for sure...

2 comments:

Rose Marie said...

The fabric is lovely and your block looks good! Will check back to see your progress. I was trying to see the house in the centre of the block .. is it from a preprinted panel or did you draw the house and colour it yourself?

Jeannette Bruce said...

Hi... Thank you for your comments... The house is part of the fabric, which is a replica of a traditional cross-stitched sampler. I fussy cut the house from the fat quarter that I had of it.

Total Pageviews