Sunday, March 11, 2007

Flying Geese with Border

So, this is how I finished my Japanese Flying Geese quilt. I was quite unsure as to what to do about the border since if I used a dark blue as the border it would run into the quilt on one side and the same thing would happen if I chose the turquoise blue color. So, I decided I needed something all together different and went for the bit of peach color that is in some of the fabrics. It's one of those choices that the more you look at it the more you like it, but at first you are unsure about. I think once I get the binding on it, which will be dark blue, it will frame it in and hopefully give it the right finish.

As you can see in the second picture, our pumpkin patch is progressing! I only hope that these cooler nights don't bring on a frost and kill the whole lot before they mature! Hmmm... Never do know, we live in a frosty area...

3 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Nice border... (I plan on doing that pattern in browns and turquoise - different layout though...)

Kay said...

Lovely quilt. I've done that quilt and I like it alot. Also, it's so fun to read about pumpkins and cucumbers and summer/fall stuff while it's still very early spring here.

Karen (nybird) (KMello) said...

That scallop border REALLY was a good choice....amazing the difference a border can make on the entire quilt!

Total Pageviews