Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Getting Started

Today is the day I finally enter into blogland. I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while but not knowing anyone that blogs, I have been intimidated.

I would like to focus this blog mainly on my latest obsession, which is as you can tell from the title, quilting. I am new to quilting, I started two years ago, but have made at least a dozen or so in that time. I would like to use this blog as a way to get in contact with other quilters as well as provide a place where I can show my friends back home what I am doing.

"Gone Aussie" simply means that. I am an American recently married to an Australian sheep farmer and have moved to Australia this year. I am learning what it is to be "Aussie" and a sheep farmer's wife. We'll see how I go...

My quilting style is varied. I am mostly obsessed with color and often times I make a quilt because I feel a need to work with a particular color for a while. Sometimes I find it to be therapeutic to work with a color even if it is not necessarily a color I am normally drawn to. I like to use patterns, magazines, other people's work as a springboard and come up with my own "version". I am generally not obsessed with sticking to a pattern or worried about making mistakes. My belief is that life is the journey and quilting is about the process.

I don't want to put too much here. I think you will get the idea of what I am about if you read my blog and maybe I will too!

No comments:

Total Pageviews