Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Bali Mystery Wheel


I just finished sewing the binding onto this quilt yesterday. Yea, another quilt finished. It's also from a quilt kit by John Flynn called Wheel of Mystery. I made this quilt last year for my mom and she loved it so much that I thought I might try doing another one. The curves seemed to come together even easier this time. I wasn't very enthusiastic about the colors in this quilt until I put the green border around it. The ugly green fabric seems to tone down the other colors. This was a good lesson that ugly fabrics can work. I did the quilting as well by stitching in the ditch following each of the circles. This will probably be another gift quilt.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

This is just gorgeous - I love how you used browns with the brights. Really stunning.

Total Pageviews